Welcome to the Green Response Training and Tools Page
Here you will find some digital tools that can be used during the project cycle in addition to training.
On this page you can find:
- Initial Environmental Screening Tool
Applying Green Response: Training Video (at the top of this page)
Emergencies: Green Response in Action
- Video on GR in emergencies
- Video from the field, case studies from Bangladesh and Mynamar
Initial Environmental Screening Tool
Thank you for participating in using the initial environmental risk screening tool. This tool is part of SRC's Minimum Quality Standards Sustainability Platform for Green Response. It is a requirement for all SRC funded projects to conduct this screening when project planning.
Please answer the following questions:
1. Will the activities likely cause physical changes to the local surroundings?
2. Will the activities use a significant amount of natural resources (e.g., land/water)?
3. Will the activities include any substances or materials that could be harmful to human health or the environment (e.g., hazardous substances/materials)?
4. Will the activities render a significant amount of waste?
Green Response in Action
Green Response cuts accross all aspects of our work at the Red Cross Red Crescent. Swedish Red Cross works in particular to leverage the importance of the environment in emergency response. If you're interested in understanding the impact of including the environment in early interventions, then watch the video below and access the tools at the end of the page!
Green Response Operating in Emergenices
Watch the video below if you're interested in seeing how Swedish Red Cross works with Green Response in action. Both Bangladesh and Myanmar National Societies have made excellent progress and positive impact on furthering environmental sustainabilty!
Green Response in the field - Bangladesh & Myanmar